Sturditoy, the Pressed Metal Company, brought the introduction in 1926 of nine marvelous pressed steel toy trucks and a steam shovel from a company in Pawtucket, Rhode Island under the trade name "Sturditoy". Manufactured by The Pressed Metal Company, these trucks featured solid disc wheels, hard rubber "Firestone" tires, and heavy steel bumpers. Sturditoys were advertised as "True Lines of Modern Motor Fire Apparatus and Modern Business Trucks" which duplicated real trucks found on the highways of America in 1926. The most noted items produced the first year were the highly acclaimed "Pumper" and "Chemical Fire Auto Truck" and the "Water Auto Tower". Each of these toy fire fighting vehicles was equipped with a real water tank and hand-operated pump which could propel a stream of water 25 feet. Both fire trucks were reported to be copies of the American-LaFrance Company. By the end of 1927, a total of 14 Sturditoy trucks and one steam shovel were being offered by The Pressed Metal Company. In 1929 the Sturditoy Company announced the addition of 5 new trucks, bringing the total to 25. Sturditoys were committed to history in 1933 when they ceased to be produced.